Schibsted is a family of brands that consists of leading Nordic marketplaces, world-class media houses (we are the largest media group in Scandinavia) and digital companies that empower consumers. Data Foundations is a central team within Schibsted that is responsible for the data platform and building data products to provide business value while keeping our users´best interest at heart.
Our team MaD (Data Management & Distribution team) within Data Foundations is looking for a Product Manager to join us in Oslo/Stockholm or even remote for the right candidate. You will be responsible for discovery and delivery of capabilities that provide Schibsted with the foundation for data management, processing, and activation of business driven use cases such as real-time analytics use cases through 3rd party or inhouse platforms. This means setting direction for products that are aimed at driving value through Schibsted´s data.
We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for state-of-the-art solutions in big data processing as well as building reliable and highly scalable services.
As a Product Manager in Data Foundations, you will work closely with stakeholders, engineers as well as other PMs and Engineering Managers. Together you will create exceptional products that truly improve both the user experience for your end users as well as enable Schibsted to become a data driven company. You will also use your experience and communication skills to collaborate with the family of Schibsted brands, both by identifying and solving business problems. Your products will of course also comply with all related privacy legislation. This role will report to the Director of Product within the Data Foundations group in Schibsted.
Your responsibilities include
- Defining, anchoring and sustaining awareness of a product strategy for your team with senior leaders across Schibsted, including our partners in brand teams such as VG.no or Blocket.se.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders on a regular basis - gathering input, communicating progress, setting expectations and anchoring decisions
- Simplifying the challenges posed to the business by the various privacy regimes we operate with into pragmatic solutions that keep the user as their primary focus
- Formulating challenging and realistic Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) with their team and achieving these
- Applying and developing empowered product team practices to achieve those objectives
- Being a true team player through actively contributing in team planning meetings, stand-ups and retrospects
- You have worked as a product manager for data products before, ideally in a SaaS / B2B focussed company.
- You enjoy switching between tactical execution and strategic thinking
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to make complex ideas easy to understand, also for people with different backgrounds and skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational, and analytical skills
- Experience working with executives, with the ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence others
- Strong track record of shipping products customers love
- Data-driven customer centric approach toward product development. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define the product roadmap based on customer needs, competitive analysis, and market opportunities
- Partner with data engineering, data science, back-end engineering, and front-end engineering to execute on the roadmap
- Establish the product vision, strategy, and goals for your product area
- Build alignment across cross-functional teams through clear communication, strategic influence, and reliable and consistent delivery
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces, world-class media houses. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Data & Tech is a central product and tech unit that serves all of Schibsted. We are about 250+ people in Oslo, Stockholm and Krakow, and collaborate closely with other product and tech teams in all units in Schibsted. Areas of responsibilities include data & technology strategy, privacy/data trends/responsible data & machine learning, information security and internal IT.