About the organization:
Over the last 100 years, we have worked to ensure that the world’s most vulnerable children survive, learn and are protected. Every year, we reach tens of millions of children in over 117 countries through our humanitarian and development work.
The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) sets the foundation for Save the Children’s work. Our mission is to create a better world for, and with, children, through ensuring that they are protected by the rights they are endowed by the UNCRC. Millions of children around the world are denied these rights, simply because of who they are and/or where they are from.
Through our programming, emergency responses and advocacy, we put the most vulnerable children first, tackling the barriers to survival, learning and protection.
Where you come in:
Within the global Save the Children movement, Save the Children Sweden (Rädda Barnen) is the leader in knowledge management, through development and maintenance of the Resource Centre, a digital library of child rights materials.
We are seeking a Content Strategist for a full-time, temporary position with the Resource Centre team. As Content Strategist, you will support the Resource Centre team in mainstreaming knowledge management practices together with our offices around the world; you will lead the relationship with new and existing partners relevant to the child rights sector; and you will execute the localization of the platform to non-English speaking language audiences. The Content Strategist works in close collaboration with the Resource Centre Product Owner and the Content Curator in achieving the project’s strategic goals. You are expected to quickly learn how and where to get relevant information, understand processes, understand the global movement and its roles, as well as write editorial content for the platform.
The content manager responsibilities:
- Lead content strategy of the platform through collecting and analyzing user trends and steer content acquisition and localize website interface accordingly
- Seek out new partnerships and promote platform knowledge management solutions to both internal and external partners; prepare communications and marketing materials as needed
- Maintain and manage relationships with existing internal and external partners through bi-annual follow-ups
- Represent and advocate for the Resource Centre in internal and external research discussions
- Lead the localization of translated interfaces, including content, editorial texts, and visual appearance in close cooperation with member, regional, and country offices
- Owner of the platform’s Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Collaborate with communications staff across the movement to promote the Resource Centre through global, regional, and country communication channels
- Support the Content Curator in managing collections and material launches
This role requires:
- University degree within relevant field such as international relations, political science, communications, information science (or equivalent knowledge acquired through relevant experience)
- Experience working in a human rights organization, with a clear understanding of and commitment to children’s rights and child safeguarding
- Proven success in mainstreaming projects into a wider context
- Good understanding of copyright, licensing and intellectual property
- Experience in working with a Content Management System
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and Swedish
We are also looking for:
- Communication and writing skills in another UN language (Arabic, Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc.)
- Experience working with web accessibility
- Commitment to the representation and inclusion of marginalized voices and local expertise
As a person, you are:
- Results oriented, a problem-solver and innovative
- Open and curious
- Sensitive and willing to learn
- Comfortable in communicating needs and challenges
On a personal level you'll share our (https://www.raddabarnen.se/globalassets/dokument/om-oss/riktlinjer-och-policys/what-do-our-values-mean-201117-eng.pdf). (https://www.raddabarnen.se/globalassets/bilder/om-oss/ekonomi/our-offer_final-210224.pdf) is a summary of our terms and conditions.
This is initially a one-year cover position with a flexible start date in August. The Content Strategist is based out of our head office in Alvik, Stockholm, with some flexibility for alternative locations.
We look forward to receiving your application no later than 23:59 July 15th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. As our recruitment screening process is anonymized, we kindly ask you not to include any personal details while answering any screening questions. We only use CV's on our recruitment process and do not request personal letters.
For further information, please contact hiring manager, Katie Konrad, email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of both children and adults in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our important policies such as the Child safeguarding policy, Policy protection from Sexual Abuse and Sexual Exploitation (PSEA) and our ethical guidelines, more information about our policies and our guidelines can be found (https://www.raddabarnen.se/om-oss/vara-varderingar/policies-and-ethical-guidelines/)
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values, we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices.